Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Test Results -- Updated

The lump biopsy and Autonomic Function Testing all came back normal. This is very good! But it does not change the fact that I have great difficulty breathing and my heart rate really increases with activity.

Right now all indications are the my breathing problem are the result of myasthenia gravis (MG) damaging my diaphragm. Last November/December 2010, my diaphragm was working at about 40%.

So when I have difficulty breathing and my heart rate rises when I walk or engage in activity, it is probably a response to my diaphragm having to work harder for me to breathe because it is weakened from the MG.  This is really debilitating.

(Update:  I just heard from Dr. CL and he agrees with the above statement.  I see him again on August 22.)

The treatment: Plasma exchange every week for the next four to six weeks. Then we decide what to do from there!

No comments: