- It has been a couple of weeks since I reported what is happening. So, here is a quick update.
- The church gave Cathy and me a wonderful reception a few weeks ago. A special memento they order did not arrive in time for the reception. A few weeks ago, they presented me this wonderful gift during the morning worship service.
- You may remember the April 27, 2011 tornado ripped the steeple off our church. Some of the steeple stained-glass windows were not damaged. Beverly Callaway, Jim Bailiff and others took one of the old windows and had this stained glass cut and crafted for us. It is beautiful. Thanks so much! Notice the dove as symbolic of the Holy Spirit, the circle for eternal life, and the Cross as a reminder of salvation. As I told the church when they presented me with this, "Out of destruction, something beautiful comes!"
- I begin weekly PLEX (plasma exchange) on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga. This will my PLEX number 20. Dr. CL from Vanderbilt arranged this for me through Dr. RS at Nephrology Associates in Chattanooga. My first treatment at Erlanger will be at 8:00 AM. This is great since treatments will be here in Chattanooga rather than Nashville. That will save a lot of drive time.
- My arm and leg strength has been the same for a few weeks. The PLEX has slightly helped my strength. My muscles cramp and hurt a lot more over the last few weeks. Medication helps, but let cramps sure hurt.
- My double vision seems to be worsening a little. I have double vision when I look any direction except straight ahead. My eyes cross when I bite my food now. Looks like I am eating twice as much, but half the food is tasteless.
My breathing is a little worse. I cannot sleep on my side/stomach because it does not let my muscles move enough. It seems that the upper part of my lungs/chest is not getting as much movement. Almost any activity exacerbates my breathing issues. My heart rate still increases when I cannot breathe.
My voice and swallowing are still interment problems.
- The small fiber issues are slowly worsening. The bottom of both feet are very numb and tops are hypersensitive. The outside of my right leg really hurts, burns, and feels numb all at the same time. I still tingle and feel numb all over. I still do not feel needle sticks over almost all of my body.
- Otherwise, I am doing fine!