Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Saturday, May 29, 2010

ER at Memorial Again

This morning Cathy and I were getting ready to go to 1890's Days. After my bath, I began having trouble breathing and hurting in my back between my shoulder blades. My pulse rate was up to 120+. So, we went to the ER at Memorial Hospital.

They took me in for evaluation. My blood work and ECG was OK, but they admitted me for a few hours to the short term cardiac unit. After monitoring, more blood work and additional ECG, they said I was doing OK and sent me home. We got home a little before 7:00 PM. Now I will also be scheduled for a stress test next week.

My ECG last Tuesday (May, 25, 2010) was definitely different than the one on January 26, 2010. The echocardiogram comparison also went from normal to abnormal. At the Memorial ER, they said the ECG was normal--whatever that means! Who knows what to think?

I do know that I have never had any heart problems, my ECGs have always been normal, cholesterol has always been "rock-bottom" (my total cholesterol stays around 118). Pure heart disease is not really a concern for me from my perspective at all.

But, I would not be surprised if this is all connected to my nervous system problems. After all, the heart is wired by our nervous system.

I know for a fact--confirmed by my neurologist--that the orthostatic hypotension (drop in blood pressure while standing and increased pulse rate) is all connected to my nerve problems. It would be rare for nerve problems to cause the high blood pressure in the lungs, but rare seems common to me.
Doing OK for now.

Thanks for your continued prayers!

Kerry & Cathy

No comments: