Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Next Step

The next step for me was to go for a chest x-ray today in connection with the heart/lung problem. I had the x-ray today and it was normal.


Now I am scheduled for a pulmonary function study and arterial blood gas study on Wednesday.

Dr. Carter believes I have a condition called Primary Pulmonary Hypertension. This occurs in about 2 out of 1,000,000 people.  Same basic thing I talked about in the previous blog. The walls of the left side of my heart have thickened and the right side of my heart has enlarged because of the back-pressure from my lungs. The test indicated that my lung blood pressures were fairly high. All of this has developed since late January 2010.

This can be a serious problem. So until I have the additional test next week, I am to take it very easy. Nothing stressful.

Speaking of stressful, Cathy is cutting my grass as I write this. Boy, it's sure hard to watch. She is doing a really good job tonight. I guess I must learn to adapt more.

Doctors are not sure if this is entirely new or connected with the nervous system problem. Who knows?

No comments: