Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Appointment with Vanderbilt Surgeon

I had my first visit with Dr. William Riordan. He is a professor of General and Trauma Surgery at Vanderbilt. He hoped the lymph nodes would be reached with just a local anesthetic. But, they were too deep and I would need general anesthesia for the procedure.


The Pre-Op a few days later went very quickly. My appointment was at 2:00 PM CST. It was snowing in Nashville, so I left early in case of traffic problems. I arrived for the Pre-Op at 11:00 AM. They were bored because of snow cancellations. They took me back before my paper work was completed. They next station was waiting on me before I finished the first station. I was through and out of there is less than thirty minutes. Yes!

No comments: