Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

FBC Newsletter, 02/17/10

Cathy and I continue to thank you for your prayers and support as I am continuing to undergo testing. We can really feel the difference prayers make. I also appreciate Dr. Dan Whitaker filling in for me for a few Wednesday evenings.


The various tests over the last several months have helped the doctors narrow down what is happening to me. I have a type of Small Fiber Sensory-Motor Neuropathy with Autonomic Nerve Dysfunction. The focus now is to discover why I developed this condition. Doctors at Vanderbilt removed some suspicious lymph nodes under my right arm on Wednesday (February 17, 2010). I meet with the hematologist/oncologist next week (February 24, 2010) to find out the results. Right now, the doctors think I have a “hidden” cancer. The theory is that my body cannot tell the cancer from nerve endings, so when my body attacks the “hidden” cancer it also attacks and kills my nerve endings. I know, I know–I’m strange!

You have heard the phrase, “the Lord will never put more on you than you can bear.” I agree with that. But sometimes, it seems like the Lord overestimates our load-bearing capacity. It is in those times we must just fall into the hands of the one who loves us and gave His life for us. I can assure you of one thing–and many of you can also attest to this–God is faithful to His people. He never leaves us or forsakes us. His grace and mercy are ever present. His loving-kindness is from everlasting to everlasting. To God be the Glory!

Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.

No comments: