Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Monday, July 13, 2009

First Appointment at Vanderbilt Neurology

I had my first appointment with Dr. Christopher Lee at the Vanderbilt Neuro-Muscular
Clinic in Nashville, TN. Everyone there was great. The exam was very thorough. He listened to Cathy and me, asked a lot of questions, and reviewed the medical reports I had brought from the last few weeks.

The physical exam lasted over one hour. It was obvious I was having significant problems with peripheral neuropathy. The examination revealed that I probably had more than one problem going on at the same time. This would be consistent with the variety of symptoms I was now experiencing. These problems were more than any stress related issue. I told you I was sick! Now begins the process to determine why.

The most common causes of peripheral neuropathy are diabetes and alcoholism. Since I have never drank alcohol, the most logical step is to check for diabetes. Dr. Lee ordered a lot of blood work and a Glucose Tolerance test.

I cannot say enough good words about Dr. Lee. He has really worked hard to help diagnose me. Cathy and I appreciate him very much.

No comments: