Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Friday, July 10, 2009

July 4th Week 2009 -- My Symptoms Explode

Randell (my son) and his family came up to spend the 4th of July holiday with us. During
that week, every symptom I had exploded and became much worse. I still required a cane to walk.

I began feeling dizzy and faint on several occasions. Several times I would have to go lay down because I felt so bad. I was physically cold even though it was hot outside. Even a slight exposure to sunlight made my skin feel like it was sun-burned.

Randell was doing some work on my HVAC system in the attic. I did a lot of exhausting work--I held the flashlight. We were in the hot attic for about thirty minutes. Randell was covered with perspiration--I was bone dry. I had stopped sweating entirely.

We finally figured out that my body was overheating. I had stopped sweating, my body could not cool itself and was I dangerously approaching heat stroke. I learned to be careful and watch how hot I was getting.

I was able to preach on July 5th, but I preached sitting down. First Baptist Church of Ringgold, GA has been very supportive and loving. God is using them to provide for us.

No comments: