Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Glucose Tolerance Testing

I had a glucose tolerance at LabCorp at Erlanger Hospital on Tuesday, July 14, 2009. The
procedure is simple. You fast the night before and have a fasting blood test drawn in the early morning. You drink a measured sugar solution and wait. Blood is then drawn at regular intervals and the glucose level is measured. The level of blood sugar over time diagnoses diabetes or glucose intolerance. The tests would later come back negative.

I also purchased a glucose meter and checked to see what my blood sugar is doing. For the most part, it runs around 100. My morning average is under 90. The highest it has been is 161 about 30 minutes after two cups of coffee with sugar, bacon, toast, eggs, etc. Usually, 2 hours after eating any meal, my level is 130 or less. I really do not think that I am diabetic. But, it is better to know for sure.

No comments: