Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Sunday, July 26, 2009

Do I Seem Frustrated with the Chattanooga Neurologist?

I have respect for those in the medical profession. I know the amount of time and
dedication it takes to get where they are. There are some good doctors, there are some who are in it for the money, there are some who are not that good.

The two Chattanooga neurologists I visited, in my opinion, were not up to the quality of medical care I was expecting. They were too quick to jump at a diagnosis of "stress." Yes, stress can cause a lot of problems, but not every problem is "stress related." It may be that these two doctors were not able to think-outside-the-box when diagnosing.

After my appointment with them, Cathy and I felt frustrated, misunderstood, belittled, condescended to, and angry. It is the patient's responsibility to evaluate the quality of his doctor and become proactive in his own health. If I had not actively pursued a solution for my condition, I would be in very serious trouble at this point in time.

No comments: