Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Summary of Symptoms as of December 2009

This is a list of the symptoms I provided to my primary Vanderbilt neurologist (Dr. Lee) during my visit in December. The list is very extensive and covers a variety of symptoms which present with many, many different diseases.

This is why it has been so hard to diagnose my problem.
  • I do not feel needle pricks over almost my entire body. I can feel pressure and touch, but not sharpness.
  • I tingle all over; legs and arms more than the rest of my body. The intensity of the tingling can vary slightly with exertion.
  • My legs ache from my upper-thighs down. My arms ache from my elbows down.
  • I feel tired and exhausted all of the time. I never get rested, stop tingling, or aching.
  • I feel extremely weak and cannot do what I once did. When I try to do some physical activity for a length of time, my body just seems to stop trying.
  • I have trouble walking and keeping my balance. I really have to concentrate on walking to make my legs move. Walking any distance (a few blocks) is a real problem.
  • I have trouble climbing stairs and getting out of chairs. It feels like I have a lack of strength in my knees and legs.
  • I become short of breath easily with almost any activity. It is then difficult for me to catch my breath.
  • I have greatly reduced sweating. I basically only sweat on my forehead on rare occasions. If I have on a lot of clothing and if I am very hot, I may sweat under my arms a little. I normally have sweated heavily for most of my life.
  • I am almost constantly cold. In the past, I was never cold. But, my body seemed to change a few years back. I am colder this year more than ever.
  • I have noticed my voice getting weaker and raspy over time. I pastor a church and I preach four times a week (three times on Sunday). My voice is becoming a real concern for me.
  • I was diagnosed around 2005 with a partial CN-10 palsy that effects my throat and gag reflex somewhat. I do not feel hot or cold on the interior left of my throat when I swallow. I have not had any trouble swallowing, but I do not feel the temperatures.
  • My vision changed somewhat in July 2009. My peripheral vision field is less than normal for me.
  • My jaw muscles hurt when I eat anything hard, such as M and M's.
  • I feel my entire body is being effected to varying degrees by whatever this condition is.

We decided the next step in diagnosing would be to order a CT/PET Scan to look for any "hidden" cancer in my body. We would then make decisions on what to do next.

No comments: