Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mobility Device

This has not been a good month for me. My strength and stamina have not returned. The graph example in my last blog would have been much flatter this month. Dr. Lee thinks I may have had a "bug" before the last chemo that caused the chemo to not be as effective. My next chemo is this week.


The neurologist / physical therapy appointment at Vanderbilt last week went well. Because of my diagnosis and current condition, I qualify for a mobility device--all depending on Medicare final approval.

Here is government at work . . .

I can get a medicare approved "go-go" scooter. They are so small for a big guy like me, I would need two. One for each foot so I could skate. To upgrade to an appropriate scooter would be over $800 out-of-pocket because Medicare does not approve the upgrade.

But, Medicare will approve a heavy duty power wheelchair for me. Much more expensive than the "upgraded scooter."

This left me with two choices: (1) an upgraded scooter that will cost me more than $800, or (2) a heavy duty power wheelchair at no cost (including my supplemental insurance payment). Guess what I choose!

No comments: