Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cathy's Blog, October 3, 2012

Day Three
Wednesday, October 3, 2012

We are not in a "regular room yet." I am kind-of sorta irritated, but I understand that there are others that need more care than we do. So, all in all I guess I shouldn't be complaining.
This morning, Kerry had a temp of 100, however, these days it is not considered a temp. Later on though, it was normal. Kerry is doing well with his treatments. Of course, he is Benadryled up and has had steroids as well.

I think I mentioned that the doctors are closely monitoring his heart rate and blood pressure. They are setting up a time for him to meet with another neurologist whose specialty is the autonomic system. The autonomic system you have no control over; blood pressure, heart rate, etc.

It has been over a year since he had the IVIG infusion and during that time he started having Meningitis type headaches. This was a reaction to the IVIG, so a combination of Benadryl and Promethazine helped. Now, as many of you are aware, he keeps a headache most of the time. So, for funsies, (as I write) he is now having an MRI.

The MG is enough is enough of a problem in its own right, but the neuropathy seems to be playing Russian roulette with his body.

This has been the hardest thing we have ever had to face, and I don't understand why and will not this side of Heaven. Maybe not even there. Most of the time, I guess we do okay dealing with it, but some days, I myself, would like to scream and throw things. This is not where we want to be, but apparently God is okay with where He has us.

No comments: