Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Thursday, December 2, 2010

Appointment Update

Here is a quick update of my Vanderbilt appointments yesterday.

The cardiopulmonary function test was very tiring. I was connected to an EKG and my breathing was all monitored through a tube. I rode an exercise bike until I could go no further--about 4 minutes of actual riding. I do not know the results of the test yet. But boy was I exhausted after.

They were able to work me in to see Dr. Lee yesterday. My myasthenia gravis is still not under control. Things would be simpler to deal with if I only had MG, but I have the other neurological issues as well.

The next step is to begin a series of IVIG infusion before the end of 2010. I can have this done as outpatient at Erlanger--that's good news. It looks like I will eventually have 2 series of 4 or 5 infusions. I don't know the date yet!

I came down with the "bug" so I am at home trying to get better!

No comments: