Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Condition Update (02/21/14)

Current Status: I have not improved much since the December 2013, plasma exchanges and chemo treatments. It may be due to my January bronchitis spell. I have felt very bad during the last two months.
I tried walking on our tread mill a few times to see if I could increase my stamina. I walked 1/2 of one tenth of a mile and spent the next day in bed. The tread mill did not work for me.

Breathing: Not good. Breathing is worse even at rest. Activity causes breathing issues, and is less manageable at present.
Mental Issues: No better.
Vision: Double vision is the same.
Muscle Jerking: Still present. No change.
Tingling: Still present. No change.
Tremors: Still present. No change.
Aching: Still present. No change.
Needle Pricks: Still present. No change.
Sensory Issues: Still present. No change.
Exhaustion: Still present. No change.
Weakness: Still present. No change.
Walking and Balance: Still present. No change.
Autonomic Nerves: Still present. No change.
Hypohidrosis: Still present. No change.
Body Temperature Regulation: Still present. No change.
Orthostatic Hypotension: Still present. No change.
Tenth Cranial Nerve Palsy: No change.
Voice: Doing OK, no real issues at present.
Headaches: Worse. Still a major issue.
Jaw/Temple Pain: Better at present. No change.
Whole Body Involvement: Still present. No change.
Swelling: Still present. No change.
Nausea: Some nausea after Cytoxan for a few days. Felt like I had the flu, but I did not. I still have occasional nausea.
Gastroparesis: Worse lately.
Hypogonadism/Gynecomastia: Still present. No change.
Bi-PAP: Still working well.
Summary: At present, my symptoms have stabilized due to a lot of high-power treatments. This is good and bad. I read a statement on the internet that sums up the fatigue issues one faces with myasthenia gravis. "You don't know what fatigue is until you have to rest after taking your shower." I am still alive and kicking, just low.

No comments: