Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Sunday, April 21, 2013

I Knew Better

This has been a fairly good week. Cathy has done a lot of yard work and planted a few garden plants in three very small raised beds. I supervised! I should open a landscaping company with Cathy and the "star" employee.

Last Tuesday Cathy was gone for most of the day. I decided to push myself and see just what I could do. I knew better but that didn't stop me.

Our back deck needs re-screening. We have been taking the old screen off and doing some preliminary work for a few weeks. I decided to take down the existing studs, make 4x4's out of three of them and put them back opening up the width of the screen space.

I took down eight 2x4's and pulled a few nails out of them. I made three 4x4's out of the 2x4's by screwing them together. What I normally could have done in thirty minutes took almost all day. Work five minutes then recover fifteen because my muscles would weaken significantly. On Wednesday and Thursday, I was really fatigued and needed lots of rest to recover.

The moral of the story . . . If your going to be stupid, you've got to be tough!  

No comments: