Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Saturday, April 27, 2013

Antibodies Building Again?

It has been a little over four months since I had my last plasma exchange. The chemotherapy infusions definitely help keep me out of the hospital. The only problem is that once I finish plasma exchange, antibodies start building up again and my symptoms return over time. The chemo buys me more time but I finally reach a point where the antibodies building in my blood need to be removed by more plasma exchange.

I still have all the same symptoms, but they have not been severe--but the antibodies are beginning to build up quickly.

Here is how I know antibodies are accumulating again. I have more breathing problems with exertion. Taking a shower become more and more difficult. I have lots of leg cramps; they have been really bad the last couple of weeks. All of my other symptoms begin to flare at times. I have a deep aching in my hips and my upper back begins to hurt. The leg cramps and aching are not usual symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis and my be connected to some other autoimmune process associated with the antibodies I accumulate. Either way, those symptoms always develop before I need more plasma exchange.

My fifth chemo is May 10 and my sixth and last scheduled chemo will be in June. I see the Neurologist in July. I hope I can hold off on plasma exchange at least that long.

--Kerry

No comments: