Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vanderbilt Pulmonology Update

I met with Dr. Tolle at Vanderbilt Pulmonology today. He is a very nice doctor. He listened to Cathy and me, asked questions, did a thorough review of my records and recommend some additional pulmonary function testing (PFT).

This was the third set of PFT since May/June. The results were all low normal, and a little worse with each successive test. Most of the test involved inhaling and exhaling as quickly as possible. The current test results (although a little worse than August) do not indicate asthma or COPD. My lungs are clear and not congested. That is really good, but does not answer why I cannot breathe.

Dr. Tolle ordered a test I have not had previously. It was a Maximum Voluntary Ventilation test. This test is designed to measure respiratory muscle strength. Preliminary results indicate that my respiratory muscles are working at only about 40% of normal. This is consistent with my Myasthenia Gravis and would explain why I have so much trouble breathing.

More test and an appointment with my neurologist next.

No comments: