Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Monday, August 30, 2010

What Is Happening Now

Medical Update
In my last blog post, I talked about chest pain/tightness and stopping my medication. After a week without Mestinon, Dr. Lee advised me to start taking it again. I did and it sure helps. He thinks the medication is causing my chest discomfort. Therefore--another Dr. visit.


I made an appoint with Gallen Medical Group (gastrologist) last week. They kept me on Pepcid twice daily, and added Prilosec twice daily. It seems to be helping. I am really glad to be back on the Mestinon. It is like "spinach to Popeye" for me.
It's now official! I rattle when I walk -- 14 pills per day!


How Am I Doing?
I still have the majority of small fiber neuropathy symptoms, but I have learned to deal with them. The Mestinon and prednisone make improved mobility possible for me.
Breathing is still a major problem. My lungs are clear, but I breathe very hard because of muscle weakness. I am learning to adapt to my energy level as needed.


Sermon Updates
I am using the "Insights from Faith" sections from my book as sermon topics for the next several weeks. I spent a lot of time praying and thinking about this material during the last several months when I could do nothing else. So far, the response has been good to what I am sharing,

Here is a schedule of the topics and Scriptures I will be using.

08/22/10     Fate, Faith, and My Response        Romans 8:28
08/29/10     Vulnerability    2 Corinthians 12:1-10
09/05/10     Why Doesn't God Do Something?    Romans 8:18-27
09/12/10     Who Holds Tomorrow?    James 4:13-17
09/19/10     Understanding God's Will    1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
09/26/10     Facing the Possibility of Death        1 Corinthians 15:54-57
10/03/10     Until He Comes         Titus 2:11-14
10/10/10     Healing         Revelation 21:1-6
10/17/10    Testing Faith    Job 1:8
10/24/10     Losing My Temper    James 1:19-20
11/07/10     Peace         John 4:27; 16:33
11/14/10     God Is Faithful    2 Timothy 4:6-8
11/21/10     Thankfulness    Philippians 1:3

You can watch or listen to these sermons at any time (after I preach them). Videos of our entire Worship Service or MP3's of the sermon only are on the church website at http://ringgoldfbc.net/Sermons.html


Book Update
My book (Body Betrayed: My Journey through Sickness and Faith) continues to sell in both paperback and eBook format. I have sold about 20 books online is 10 days. Not too bad!.
The eBook continues to be in the top 20 for its category. Occasionally (according to daily sales) it is in the top 20 for Christian Living/Faith. I am amazed. Soli Deo Gloria.

Thanks to everyone who buys the book. I also appreciate everyone who takes the time to review the book on Amazon. Reviewed books sell better. If you have the time, please honestly review my book on Amazon.

Amazon.Com has a "look inside" feature where you can preview sections of the book for free. You can find the book at Amazon.Com or through my website at http://krbunn.com.

No comments: