Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Monday, May 3, 2010

Update, Monday, May 3, 2010

This has been a fairly busy week, or two, or three for me. I have preached two funerals in two weeks, made several hospital visits and had a lots of meetings. It always amazes me that we can go for weeks and no one dies or goes to the hospital and then suddenly that changes. I have been back to my regular work schedule for several weeks now. Usually that means about 50 hours a week, not counting home study. It feels good to be able to work again.

I have more strength and stamina than a few months ago. That is great, but I still have pain and tingling in my lower legs and arms. So far, I seem to have stabilized. I do not know how long the plasmapheresis treatments will last, but they have been effective. I hope they will continue to be. I do think I may need to rest a little more in the middle of the day to keep down fatigue.

I preach twice on Sunday mornings and once on Wednesday evenings. I am really tired after both AM services on Sunday. I sleep about three hours on Sunday afternoons to recover. Over the last year, I have needed a lot more sleep than before. Eight hours a night is just not really enough anymore.

My autonomic nerve problems are still present.
My forehead is the only part of my body that sweats.
I am having real trouble finding a comfortable temperature.
If it is too cold I freeze; too hot and I cannot regulate my body temperature.
Sunlight still hurts my skin almost instantly — like a sunburn.
I still have no appetite, but force myself to eat everyday.
I still give out of breath easily.
The orthostatic hypotension is still present and has not changed.

I have received emails from others who are suffering from similar conditions to mine. I feel for them and hope they find some relief for their problems. There seems to be a lot of auto-immune diseases out there.

I hope you have taken time to read the first chapter of my book from this blog site. I am working hard at writing in my spare time. Things are progressing well, but it will still take a lot of time before it is ready.

Click here to go to the video page to watch video No 10

Thanks again for your continued prayers.

No comments: