Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Friday, May 14, 2010

Quick Condition Update

This has been an interesting few weeks health wise. My heel began hurting in early May. After talking with my neurologist, he suggested I see a podiatrist.

My podiatry visit went well. He moved my ankle all around with no pain. He pressed on my foot and tendons, etc all with no pain. But then . . . he hit THE SPOT! I almost came out of my exam chair. There was no need to question me about the pain on a scale of 1 to 10. It was a 10+. After some x-rays, he announced that I have a heel spur on the outside of my heel under the Achilles tendon. No wonder I was in such pain when he pressed THE SPOT.

Surgery is not an option because he says my ankles and leg muscles are too weak to detach and re-attract my Achilles tendon. I agree. So, I am on steroids, and foot/leg brace at night for the next couple of weeks. If the condition does not improve, they can try blasting the spur with sound waves.

 

No comments: