Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 -- Updated 7:40 PM CST

I had a somewhat good night, but things sure get busy here in the morning. It is 7:20 AM and two doctors and three nurses have already been in—everything but breakfast!  Correction: 7:30 AM three doctors, and an additional nurse, and breakfast just came.

In an earlier post, I mentioned blood in my urine (hematuria). Since, plasmapheresis is directed by kidney doctors, they did an urinalysis. I do not have blood in my urine now. That is great news. They did decide to do a 24-hour urine collection to look for certain proteins associated with neuropathy. A condition called amyloidois is known to cause some of the symptoms I experience. It is good they are evaluating me for this while I am here.

Updated . . . . .

OK, I'm back! It has been a very long day. I left the room at 12:30 PM and did not return until after 5:00 PM. Since I had a slight reaction yesterday, they pre-medicate me now. I really sleep after that.

Cathy will have a guest blog on Thursday morning.

Here is a video for today.  Click here to go to my Video Blog page to watch Video No. 4

No comments: