Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Days between Erlanger and Memorial

Over the next few days, in addition to the new symptoms reported to the neurologist on
June 22, 2009, my eyes started to hurt. I could not move my eyes--side to side or up and down--without extreme pain. I have never experienced this before.

I had taken some time off from church to give my body time to recover. Rev. Brant Olivarri, our Minister to Families, preached for me on June 21 and 28. Thanks Brant!

My daily routine was to get up, eat breakfast, walk once around the yard, and go back to bed. Later that morning, I would get up, eat lunch, go back to bed. Finally at the end of a long, tiring day, I would get up, eat supper, walk around the yard once, get a bath, and go to bed. This routine lasted for two weeks and I slept a lot. I did not attempt to drive at all during this time.

A traditional walking cane was too short for me to use comfortably. Years ago, my father had cut off a rake handle and made a tall walking stick. That worked well. Later, a friend at church made me a wonderful, custom made walking stick (thanks John Abney).

My symptoms did not lessen at all and walking was still very difficult. By Thursday, July 2, 2009, I needed additional medical attention.

No comments: