Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chemotherapy for January 2014

Because I spent time in the hospital during December for plasma exchange, my January Cytoxan chemotherapy orders for my Myasthenia Gravis had to be reissued. The reissue
process began the week after I left and hospital and only took a little while to complete all the paperwork and communication between doctors.

I was originally scheduled for January 8, but had to reschedule because of bronchitis and possible pneumonia in my right lung. It took three different antibiotics to finally get over that crud. For myasthenics, the key is to catch infections early and get proper treatment. We also have to be careful with antibiotics because they can quickly make MG worse. I was able to have my treatment yesterday, January 22, 2014.

The chemotherapy went well as usual. I receive 1.35 grams per month by infusion and will be on this treatment for the foreseeable future, supplemented by plasma exchange as needed.

I have been working on my 2nd book about my MG story. It is almost ready and I hope to publish in early February. The title is Body Disabled: My Journey through Disability and Trust©. I will make a post when it is published. Thanks again for your prayers and support.

No comments: