Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Sunday, June 2, 2013

Downhill

Sara Kate and T.J. (Randell and Laela's two oldest) spent the week with us. We had a fun spending time with some of the grand kids who live in Alabama. We made a day trip to Cherokee and they had a blast riding to go-carts. I did lots of sitting and watching. The summer heat really bother me, so I sat in the car with the AC on. We plan to get the three youngest is July.

How am I doing? Going downhill again quickly--I see another plasma exchange in my near future. My breathing is a real problem and walking is becoming more difficult. The veins in my inner arms are predominately showing through my skin. My face is also "flushing" when I eat and at other times. I have talked with the neurologist, he thinks this may be a side effect of the Cytoxan chemo. This may result in limiting further the amount of Cytoxan I can have. My next appointment with the neurologist is late July, unless I have more plasma exchange at Vanderbilt sooner.

My yearly appointment with the cardiologist is this Thursday. I have lots of swelling in my legs. I wonder if this may be connected with the veins in my arms too? Otherwise, I am still doing fairly well.

No comments: