Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cytoxan Infusion for Myasthenia Gravis, Fifth Infusion Report, December 29, 2011

My fifth cytoxan infusion was Thursday, December 29. The infusion went very well. The staff at Vanderbilt 100 Oaks Medical Infusion Center did an excellent job as always. They are a great group of people and I appreciate them very much. I started with the regular side-effects on Friday. Things are not too bad this time. The cytoxan is still helping me hold my own. No worse, but no better either. That is a victory!


Bethany (12) and Alyssa (7), two of our grandchildren, were with us because school was out for the holidays. Since I was not sick after the infusion, we went to see the Christmas lights at Gaylord's Opryland Hotel. We planned to eat at the food court of OpryMills Mall, but the majority of the mall was still closed from flooding. We ate at Dave and Busters--first and last time. It was just to much noise for us.

If timing is everything, we goofed! The Mississippi State and Wake Forest football teams were arriving at the hotel to play in the Music City Bowl. Wow! Tons of people and buses everywhere. We were finally able to get to valet parking at the lower entrance. I borrowed a wheel-chair from the church since I have so much trouble walking. I was able to get my right leg into the wheel-chair. (Note to self: check size of wheel-chair from now on!) I would have been better off with a wheel-barrow. I sat in the lobby while Cathy and the girls looked at the lights. They were good, but not as many as in years past.

No comments: