Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Sunday, July 20, 2014

Thursday, July 17

I am home from my third occipital nerve block. This time they included a steroid and muscle relaxer in the injection. I will also be going for physical therapy on my neck to see if it helps the headaches since the occipital nerve arises from the C1 & C2 out of the spine.

I had fasting blood work while at the headache neurologist to check my cholesterol levels. Because I had a small lacunar stoke sometime before 2005, Dr. C.C. is working to prevent me from having another stroke by keeping my cholesterol levels low. I am glad he is taking an interest in this. The other neurologist have way been too busy taking care of my other pressing issues.

I have always had low cholesterol levels and this time was no exception. Total cholesterol--138; HDL--42; LDL--78; Triglycerides--91. But, Dr. C.C. called me at home tonight, July 18 (that is a good doctor to call someone at home) and wants my LDL level below 70. So, starting tomorrow, I will be on a very low dose of Lipitor. To bad it is not Crestor or I could go bowling!

No comments: