Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Sunday, January 5, 2014

Third Anniversary of Disability (01/05/14)

Today is the third anniversary of my medial leave which led to being on disability. I have learned to adapt to my situation, but I sill struggle some with all that has happened. Dealing with such issues is part of living!
I am so grateful for my wife and her care and support during these years. She has been a steadfast love for me. I am thankful for my family, church family, and friends. Their love and support have truly helped carry me through. My greatest strength though, comes from the Lord who strengthens me daily; even in disability.
One statement caught me off guard lately. I have heard it many time and it never affected me before, until now. Here it is, "God has left you here for a reason!" The "for a reason" is not a problem; I believe God has a purpose for us. What stuck me for the first time was the phrase, "God has left you here." Huh? Was God planning to take me "home" and I did not know it? As I pondered this idea, tedious trains of thought rumbled through my theological mind: predestination, calling, mercy, obedience, disobedience, fulfillment, service, death, etc. I told you they were tedious, but I have summed all my thoughts up into one question. Does God take us home as soon as our "reason for being" is completed?
My initial response is, "No, God does not take us home as soon as we have completed our purpose." But then, I cannot think of a Scripture to support my view, or a Scripture against that view. This is one of those areas where we just do not know the answer. As I think about it, neither should we because we would become so preoccupied with our "coming end" we would forget to live today. The best we can do is live each day as if it is our last. Focus on loving God and others as yourself1 and your purpose will be completed. Let God handle your "home going."
1. . . and he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself." and He said to him, "You have answered correctly; do this and you will live." Luke 10:27-28

No comments: