Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 2013

This January marks the 2nd anniversary of my medical leave which eventually led to my disability.  It has been a trying time for me and my family.  Yet, God has blessed us so much during these two years.



Some have asked, "do I missed preaching?"  If I felt like preparing and preaching the answer would be yes.  But since I hardly ever feel well and know that I could not physically preach even if I wanted too, the answer is no.  There is God's grace even in that fact.  I am as much "at peace" in my current situation as possible because God is still in control of everything that happens.  Do I like it?  No!  But I am at peace.

It has been one month since my last PLEX and one week since my first Cytoxan infusion.  Right now my strength is holding on.  I can still walk on my heels and lift the box of pennies.  This is great news.  The only side effect from the Cytoxan was feeling like I has the flu for a week.  No congestion or fever, just flu-like.  The next infusion is February 1.

Needless to say, since I am immune compromised at present I am avoiding long exposure to crowds.  I wear my mask in public and keep a supply of hand sanitizer close.

No comments: