Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving and Early Family Christmas -- More PLEX

We had a fun time celebrating Thanksgiving with Randell and his family. Their mini-farm is really beginning to take shape. They now have chickens, a few ducks, and six donkeys. Better them than me!
On Friday morning, I was up early as usual. Evan, one of the twin boys, was also up looking around for something to eat. Now I don't mess with anybody's coffee maker except my own and there was no coffee that morning. I told Even, "Go tell KitKat we have a crisis." KitKat is Cathy's "grandmother" name. Evan asked, "What's a crisis?" "A crisis is a problem." A few minutes later Evan came back into the kitchen. I asked, "What did KitKat say?" I thought his response was strange, "KitKat doesn't know What a Crisis Is!" Oh well.

A few minutes later KitKat came into the kitchen and asked if the crisis was over coffee--she knows me well. "Well," she said, "Evan came into the room and told me we had a crisis. So I asked him what's the crisis and he looked at me and responded: 'A Problem!'"

That explains it -- Evan did not hear "what is THE crisis?" He heard, "What is A crisis?" We are still laughing.

All of our family is gathering for an early Christmas celebration this Saturday at our house. Cathy and I plan to cook our traditional Brunswick Stew for the first time in several years. We are really looking forward to everyone being here together.

More PLEX

I will be back at Vanderbilt for five more days of PLEX in December. Look for a video blog if I feel like it this time.

Here is a recent video that shows how much I have declined since the last plasma exchange.




--Kerry

No comments: