Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

FBC Newsletter, March 2011

Since my last newsletter article, I underwent a second round of four-day IVIG infusion through the outpatient infusion center at Erlanger. IVIG is good antibodies collected from thousands of individuals who give blood. The good antibodies are then cleansed and prepared for people who are suffering from auto-immune diseases. The theory is that the good antibodies will attack and destroy the bad antibodies in my body. So far, the IVIG has not been effective for me.

The procedure itself went OK, but I had a reaction after the treatments stopped. It was the worst series of headaches I have ever had in my life. For the last two weeks, I have taken tons of Hydrocodone, Promethazine and Benadryl. Finally the headaches subsided after I increased my prednisone. I am on my second day without a headache now and hope they stay away.

My next appoint at Vanderbilt is March 30. From recent conversations with my neurologists, he believes it is time for much more aggressive treatment since I am not responding at present. Right now I am not sure what direction this will take. He has mentioned doing the plasma exchange (where they drain and replace the liquid in my blood) once a month or even chemotherapy. I have to wait for my appointment and evaluation before future treatment is decided.

Thanks again for your support, cards, and prayers. I believe you will find that God will bless you for blessing us. There is something important and powerful about a church that takes care of its ministers. You are doing that! In a very real sense, you are the power of God working in my life at this point and time. May God bless each of you as you have blessed us!

Keep the staff in your prayers also. They continue to do excellent among you!

No comments: