Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hang in There!

I am beginning to receive comments and emails from various people. Over 1,000 have accessed this blog so far. Thanks.

Some of you are experiencing similar symptoms. I know what you are going through. I know from first-hand experience that it is very difficult to find good information about Small Fiber Neuropathy. I know how difficult and frustrating it is to find doctors who understand and listen as you try to explain your symptoms. I am fortunate to be in clinic at Vanderbilt with good, understanding doctors.

I know how hard it is to explain just how you really feel. I know it is almost impossible to put words to those feelings. I know how tired, fatigued, and exhausted this neuropathy makes you. I know what it is to vibrate all over. I know what it is like to be compared to some who only hurts in their feet, not their entire body. I know what it is like when people think, "it can't be that bad."

I know what it is to think that you are the only person in the world who feels this way. I know what it feels like to face the possibility of disability in the prime of life because you body is betraying you. I know what it is like to see a light at the end of a tunnel, only to find out its a freight train. Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!

I want you to know that you are not alone. I empathize with you. I know and understand--at least a little bit of--what others are going through. Hang in there. Don't give up! There is hope!

What has kept me going so far? Faith in God. I have not talked about my faith too much so far. But, it is essential to my coping with everything that is happening. I truly believe that above everything else, God is good!

No comments: