Body Betrayed | Body Disabled

Welcome to My Story ~ Updated 10/30/16

My newest posts display their full text. Older posts will only display one paragraph.
To read the rest of an older post, click on "Click here to Read the Rest of this
Post" link at the bottom of the post.

You can email me at krbunnsr@gmail.com


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Myasthenia Gravis Update

The new medication for myasthenia gravis is helping somewhat. I am not as fatigued and exhausted as I was last week. Now, I can go until about 1 PM without much problem. I still need lots of rest, I can tell very much when I am not rested. The Mestinon works and helps my strength, but wears off before 4 hours is over.


My breathing is better and I do not feel my diaphragm working as hard while the Mestinon is in my system. But, I still feel tightness (or discomfort) in my throat when I breath.

My vision is giving me lots of problems. It will blur at various time for no apparent reason. I know this is part of the MG, but it is very strange to have it happen while you are working. Blinking and refocusing my eyes seems to help. I am glad for computer and large type.

My voice is still a big concern for me, since I make my living with my voice. I do my own audio/video editing of each weeks sermon. In the audio editing, I can see a visual graph of the volume of my sermon from beginning to end. Usually, the volume graph stays around 80%. Over the last few weeks, the volume graph begins at 80% and ends somewhere around 40%. I can tell I need to use more force to project my voice as I go through the sermon. This is also part of the MG condition.

My autonomic and small fiber sensory neuropathy continues with the same intensity.

We have been doing a lot of soul-searching this week and dealing with some difficult issues. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. I am having problems thinking and keeping my memory sharp. I do not know if this is part of the MG or from medication. So, if my words sound strange--they just may be!


New Web Site

I have also been working on a new web site for some time now. You can see it a http://krbunn.com

I am getting ready for my book to be printed through CreateSpace. CreateSpace is a Publish on Demand printer. This way, I do not have any up-front cost on my part and books are printed when they are ordered and then shipped directly to the consumer. That is a good way to publish for me. The book will be available on my web site eStore and from Amazon.com soon.

I think the price will be $11.99. That depends on the final page count and final cost per book from CreateSpace. My goal is not to make a fortune, but to have the book priced inexpensive enough for people to purchase and read it. I hope it helps a lot of people.

No comments: